Friday, March 30, 2012

I Am Now 36

Coming upon my 36th year walking this earth is pretty exciting. I was one of them dirty kids you wouldn’t expect to live pass 20 and if you did you would think I would do it living in jail. Well I made it though with only a few scars, no kids and a lot of memories. A hell of a lot of memories.

I myself didn’t think I would make it this long, I never thought about what I would be doing if I got this old. I am glad I have a beautiful wife and we own a pretty decent business. We get to travel the country making and selling art. We get to see all the sites. I’m still running around like a teenager and having fun.

But ever since I hit about 25 or 27 I vowed to be as productive as I can so my time spent here on earth would make sense. I work insane hours trying to leave my mark on this world. Every waking minute is spent thinking about how I can better myself and better my career. I don’t know how much more time I am going to be given but I’m not stopping till they pry that pencil from my cold dead hands.

I joked about finally being able to date a girl who’s half my age but when I say it people tend to look at me like there’s no way I could ever land an 18 year old. But it makes me wonder how many other guys out there think the same thing as they hit the big 3-6. So here’s to all the 36 years olds, here’s to the ones that have escaped childhood and made it to grownup status, here’s to all those living the life they want to live, cheers…

4 comments:

GoHeyJudy said...

Happy Birthday, Nemo! May you and your wife have many glorious years ahead.

Barbara J Carter said...

Many happy returns! You've got it figured out, man. Good on you.

Kim Y. said...

Happy Birthday to you Nemo! Hope you and your wife do something fun to celebrate :)

the famous nemo said...

thanks, we did what we do, had an art show hahaha